Monday 1 September 2014

Inter railing, Europe 1st-21st July 2014: Amsterdam.

First Stop: Amsterdam.

Amsterdaaammn, the perfect start to an amazing trip. So much to do and see, we were always kept busy. If I had to pick my favourite part (which is very hard) I'd have to say, The pedal-boats. It was just so much fun pedaling around the canal with my friends and you get to see the beautiful historical architecture of Amsterdam. It was just a great experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Another great part of Amsterdam are its parks. There is the one in front of the IAMsterdam sign and then there's Vondel Park. The Park in front of the sign was a great place to sit and chill because it was nearer our hostel and you can watch people take pictures and climb on top of the sign. There's the water features around the park that make it even more beautiful. Vondel Park is better for an Amsterdammer experience. There are so many people sitting around having BBQ's and having a few drinks with their friends and you dont feel in danger or unsafe you feel very comfortable and welcome. I looked it up out of interest and I read that "Amsterdam ranks 22 out of 215 world cities for personal saftey. Cities like London and Paris Don't even make the top 50, 'that just shows you'. Vondel Park is so big also that there's always something new to see and it is 'de' place for working out. There are people everywhere doing exercise. I saw people cheerleading, doing martial arts, yoga, and roller blading. If you can think of it I saw it. While we where there we saw artwork around the park (can't remember why thought). It was great trying to get around see them all.
 Another must see is obviously the Anne Frank museum. It is incredible, such an interesting yet sad history. It's Just amazing to see and walk through the house, certainly one of the highlights of the trip.
Well that was pretty much all we had time to do in Amsterdam, so I guess all I can say for now is
'Amsterdam', Thank you for a unforgetable time and .. ill be back!

The IAMsterdam sign.

Water Fountain Fun.

       
 Vondel Park.

Getting Lost.

 Waiting in line for The Anne Frank Museum.

Beautiful Buildings.


..Chanel.
Chillin in the Park.

Me and My Favourite person.




 Playground Fun.

 City center.

Pedal-Boats.

I hope you enjoyed this post about what I got up to in Amsterdam.If you did make sure you visit here again as I will be writing more posts about my Inter railing adventure around europe in the near future, so don't forget to follow, comment and share. Thanks :)

Bye,

Jayne 
               xo

Links:
Amsterdam Facts -
http://amsterdamfaq.com/1/amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment